The Uganda Cancer Institute (UCI) together with the Palliative Care Association of Uganda (PCAU) will host the 2nd Uganda Conference on Cancer and Palliative Care in September 2019 in Kampala. The theme for the conference is “Towards Universal Coverage”. This international conference will take place at the Kampala Serena Hotel, on 5th – 6th September 2019. The conference will showcase plenary presentations, educational and special sessions on current research and work on cancer and palliative care. Visit https://conference.uci.or.ug/ for details about the conference.
The conference registration fees for different categories are; Ugandan delegates: UGX 450,000, East African delegates: $200, International delegates: $300 and fees for Exhibition Stall at $1000. This fee covers attendance to all conference arranged refreshments and meals at the conference venue. The fees exclude delegates transport and accommodations.
Scholarships to cover conference registration fees
The Palliative Care Association of Uganda (PCAU) is pleased to announce the availability of 30 scholarships for Ugandan delegates to cover registration fees for the conference. To be eligible for a scholarship, one must be a paid up member of PCAU and should not be a recipient of another scholarship to attend the same conference.
Interested Candidates should also fall under the following scholarship categories.
- Palliative care Officers practicing in hard to reach districts.
- Palliative Care providers directly participating in the following PCAU programs and Projects. (Pain Free Hospital Initiative (PFHI), Mhealth, Road to Hope)
- Active PCAU District Branch Members.
- Tutors and Receptors facilitating the Advanced Diploma in Palliative Care Nursing Course.
- Students undertaking the Advanced Diploma in Palliative Care Nursing Course.
- Community volunteers including spiritual leaders working with palliative care teams.
Send properly filled in APPLICATION FORM to email@example.com and copy to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00PM on Friday 9th August 2019. If scholarship is awarded one must register to attend the conference through the conference website by Friday 16th August 2019.
P.S Applicants with approved abstracts for presentation at the conference will have an added advantage.