The 3rd Uganda Conference on Cancer and Palliative Care is jointly hosted by the Uganda Cancer Institute (UCI) and the Palliative Care Association of Uganda (PCAU). The conference will be held on 23rd â€“ 24th September 2021. Given the circumstances bestowed upon all of us by the COVID-19, this yearâ€™s conference will be unique. It will be held at Kampala Serena Hotel and online.
The theme of this yearâ€™s conference is â€œCancer and Palliative Care in COVID-19 and other challenging situations.â€ The conference will bring together policy makers, eminent researchers, healthcare providers, patients and the general public to share information on the entire continuum of cancer care as well as palliative care for other conditions.
- To showcase cancer and palliative care research conducted in East Africa and globally.
- To share strategies for standardization of cancer care across sub-Saharan Africa.
- To document resources available for cancer care, research, and training in East.
- To promote collaborative work on cancer and palliative care research and training among participating national, regional and international institutions.
The conference will bring together policy makers, eminent researchers, healthcare providers, patients and the general public to share information on the entire continuum of cancer care as well as palliative care for other conditions through both plenary lectures and special sessions.
On behalf of UCI and PCAU, the Conference Scientific Committee is inviting for submission of abstracts relating to Cancer and Palliative Care. The Committee welcomes papers on any of the following topics/tracks:
- Innovation and creativity.
- Providing care to vulnerable populations.
- Sustainability of cancer and Palliative Care services.
- Resilience and caring for the caregivers.
The detailed Call for Abstracts with detailed information on the tracks as well as the Abstract Guidelines can be found on the conference website.
The deadline for submitting Abstracts is 31st May 2021, 1:59pm East African Time.
We look forward to receiving your abstract for the success of the conference.
Visit the conference website for more details about the conference.