Formally established in 1999 and registered as a professional and National NGO in 2003, PCAU was formed to support and promote the development of palliative care and palliative care professionals in Uganda. It is made up of professionals and volunteers from all over Uganda with an interest in palliative care. Association members share palliative care experience and knowledge, thereby promoting effective palliative care. They are a national voice for its development throughout the country.
“To promote and support affordable and culturally appropriate palliative care throughout Uganda.”
“Palliative Care for all in Uganda”
To promote and support affordable and culturally appropriate palliative care throughout Uganda.
Promoting and Supporting:-
- Viable, effective, and sustainable palliative care organization,
- Palliative care education,
- Palliative care research,
- Palliative care service provision,
- Palliative care standards for quality service provision,
- Monitoring and evaluation of palliative care service,
- Networking and collaboration in the provision of palliative care.